Thursday, 30 January 2014

Checkmate

Thermal layers + lots of buttons + red check shirt = reason enough to make a chess reference..?!!

SHIRT: NEW LOOK
THERMAL: F&F @ TESCO (yes..I now not so privately own one of these. I'm happy..)
LEGGINGS: MARKS AND SPENCERS

So apparently outside thought it'd be a top idea to have a bit of an icy snap today. This would be a bigger issue for me if I wasn't adequately equipped with layers and layers of guilty purchases, and as I am a self-confessed old woman with my thermal, I was quite content with leaving the house. (I kept pretty warm, too)

Was it cold where you were today? Oh, and more importantly- do you own a thermal?! ;)

15 comments:

  1. I love plaid flannels! I wear one all the time! xx

    wildflowerofprague.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so versatile and easy to work with! x

      Delete
  2. I love the shirt. I have some thermals from F+F too, must have in the winter!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm so glad that you do! They are complete necessities in the winter :) x

      Delete
  3. It was super cold here today but I was not as prepared as you and I wasn't so cosy and warm, boo! You look lovely <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou! Hope you have more luck with wrapping up warm! :) x

      Delete
  4. Lovely outfit *

    Ines Loves
    Have a lovely day! <3
    XOXO
    IT *

    ReplyDelete
  5. the flannel is gorgeus! i'm actually looking for the perfect one for myself as well, too bad we don't have New Look in Finland!

    xx Katariina,
    High Heels, Low Jokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you manage to find a dupe somewhere! I spent forever searching for one that I liked the fit and the pattern - I had to take this one in on the sides to give it a little bit more shape! x

      Delete
  6. Love this outfit... defo something I would wear xx

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a great casual outfit!i used to have to wear thermal tops to uni-no joke-it was seriously freezing!plus i was at uni during the ice age years of 2009/2010 so it was necessary!your def not an old lady!hehe!:)xx

    ReplyDelete

A big hug is being shot your way - I read with a smile at each comment, leave your blog addresses because I adore nothing more than skulking about and finding new blogs!! ^.^