Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Flaws and Fairytales #1: Guilty Shopping


A little inventive decision + a lot of thinking = the first attempt at this feature (please be gentle)


(from top) MONOCHROME JUMPER: H&M, £7.00 SALE (similar here)
NECKLACE: USC, £2.00 SALE
PARIS JUMPER: ZARA, £7.99 SALE (similar here)

Here's this little idea I've been cultivating for a week or so..I have been scratching my cells trying to find a little nook I can scurry into and call my own little invention if you will, and here's what I thought of (perhaps in a fit of brilliance, maybe in a fit of despair, I've yet to decide..) 
 
Okay, so this is what I propose:
A weekly/bi-weekly feature on 'Flaws and Fairytales' of life. Be that shopping disasters mixed with euphoric highs, or just general life loves and hates. Essentially it is a glorified likes and dislikes, but I kind of enjoyed how I could wrap my user name neatly into this little package to set it apart from the conventional posts. I feel sometimes that I tend to gloss over the bad without really acknowledging it - be that in serious life matters or with a pair of shoes I decided the shade just isn't quite there. It's a way to cope, deal and develop with the lows we all will face, serious or trivial.

So this week I thought I'd ease it in with something very close to my heart and that I think everyone can relate to: shopping guilt.
 
BAG: ZARA, £17.99 SALE (similar zippy-style here)
 I 'popped' into Zara. Herein lies my first fatal mistake, but we persevere. Maybe my will power will hold me back. (it didn't) I fell on two items: the first a soft grey pullover, with an etching of Paris on the front. I was sold instantly. Doing the final sweep of the shop I then spotted 'the' handbag. I've been looking for a new, somewhat structured piece for quite some time, and this fit the bill. I also have a thing for many pockets/zips on a bag, and as this is practically trimmed with a zip, I couldn't just leave it..

 
SKIRT: H&M, £12.99 (similar here)

H&M cropped up. I ventured inside, had a quick scan of the sale rails and spotted this jumper. It's monochrome, thick and cosy - I tried it on and fell a little in love. (this happens a lot with inanimate objects) I like to pull items into the changing room just for a bit of fun if I haven't found anything that especially catches my eye initially, and this patterned skirt was that item this time round. I tried it on and didn't want to take it off. It's beautifully cut, falling so elegantly and is such a versatile piece.

Flaws: I spent money. Again. After weeks of saving and generating money for selling old items on eBay, I have effectively rattled all of that out of my account. Whoops.

Fairytales: These are versatile and not trend-dependant items. They will last, they are transferable between seasons and the colour palette means they can be dunked in with practically any colour.

In this case, I think the fairytales outweigh the flaws..so I have ascertained that I shouldn't feel too guilty about the damage. And hey, I've got a bunch of pretty things now. That's a fairytale in itself.

What do you think of this post? Do you..like it?! Please let me know and be critical - I'm here to learn and develop, and I'm not going to do so without a helping hand along the way.

33 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post! The bag from Zara is just gorgeous!
    I also love the way you incorporated your blog name into this posts. It's such a brilliant idea :)
    I hope you're having a wonderful day!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou so much - I wasn't sure how it would be received as I've not written like this before! Anything Zara does I practically fall at my knees over..it is silly! Hope you are having a lovely day too :) x

      Delete
  2. Love that Zara bag, their accessories are always so perfect <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I agree completely - if I had limitless money, that is where I would squander it all! x

      Delete
  3. Loving the bag http://3starsabove.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I think it's beautiful! x

      Delete
  4. I love H&M SOooooooo much haha.
    The skirt is gorgeous!!

    Kelly from | Day Dreams & Daisy Chains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! It's such an easy piece to wear too, it's a brilliant staple x

      Delete
  5. That skirt is from H&M?! Okay, bye. (I´m running there now!)
    Not before telling you I´ve nominated you for a Liebster Award. Your blog is so cool and funky and I´ve loved reading your posts. Go to my blog (follow the link) and you can find out all the details of what it´s all about and I will let you know when I get back from buying that skirt :P. Love from Marbella x

    http://busyburt.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-liebster-award-i-won.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah oh, thankyou so very much! Will be sure to read it and link you back so you can see it too! Hope the skirt is in stock ;) x

      Delete
  6. Sounds a bit odd to say but I like your writing style, it's really engaging. Good purchases, they are very versatile like you mentioned! x

    Essence of Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah no that is the lovilest thing to say - thankyou so much! x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thankyou! I was wowed when I actually liked it on, haha! x

      Delete
  8. I love the jumpers and wow that skirt is fantastic! Followed you :)
    Tiana x
    Www.the-Romanticiser.blogspot.co.ik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou so much! Glad you've enjoyed x

      Delete
  9. These pieces are so gorgeous, I love the bag!! xxx

    www.stylapetite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I'm enjoying using it, it's such a nice change! X

      Delete
  10. I love the bag, such a good price too!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this bag - amazing price for the Zara quality!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the idea of this post!! :) The jumper you bought is lovely, I wish my local store had it.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou so much- I hope you can rummage around to find one too! :) X

      Delete
  13. Hey I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :) Check out my post for more info http://annxkathrin.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou so much! Will definitely check it out now X

      Delete
  14. Great shopping! I love the jumpers! ♥

    http://finddyourway.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I love winter for this reason alone X

      Delete
  15. the skirt looks so great!
    I love this post :)

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome, so thankful to focus on that you were came coming back & that you are still going to be online shopping. We shouldn't let 1 bad experience put us off all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That monochrome jumper is stunning- fab sale find! p.s. i've nominated you for the liebster award over on justmsmaxwell.com xo

    ReplyDelete

A big hug is being shot your way - I read with a smile at each comment, leave your blog addresses because I adore nothing more than skulking about and finding new blogs!! ^.^