Ace Your Base


Let's get back to basics. I've recently had an eye infection (a fact I continually threw at my followers on Instagram with every single post), so I haven't been able to wear eye makeup for a week...and it's been a long week.

During that time, I focused on other areas of my face - I am guilty of being a magpie for glitter and shimmer on my lids, so the rest of my face usually takes a back-seat. But, with my poorly eye, I decided (read: I was forced) to switch things up. I very literally went back to basics, and analysed my base.

I've never worn foundation - I naturally have a good complexion and clear skin the majority of the time, so I can get away with a bit of concealer to hide away my 2am night-owl eyes. I think it's this discipline that's encouraged my skin to stay clear, as it's never been covered in something it doesn't need. But let's talk about what I did use to perfect my base:




I used Soap and Glory's Kick Ass Concealer to tuck my dark circles away, and even out the pigmentation on my eyelids. The compact comes with two shades inside (pink and yellow undertones) making colour-matching a dream. There's also a transparent setting powder to lock everything into place, making it absolutely budge-proof. I warmed up my face using a mix of Solar Power (a two-tone contour compact) and Wonderbronze (a wheel of cream, tan and honey-toned shimmer) on my contour points, bringing my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush in a figure-3 on the perimeters of my face.

I brushed my brows through with a little Seventeen Brow's That! Powder using a Laura Geller Angled Brush to shape, and then finished my lips with a glossy red Lip VIP from Sleek Makeup in the shade Walk of Fame, cleaning the edges up with a lip brush.



It created a really crisp, polished look, and balanced my face - it also helped to draw attention to my lips instead of my bedridden right eye *sob*. What do you think of this look? Is it something you would try? I'd love to know your thoughts!

You may also like:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping some thoughts on my little corner of the internet. Please feel free to leave your links - there's nothing better than finding new blogs to love!

© flawedfairytale. Design by MangoBlogs.