Wisteria Eyes


Let's talk eyeshadow. When I was younger, I was so scared of using it. I thought it drew too much attention to me, and I didn't want that - I just wanted to blend in with everyone and not be noticed.

Then I found this incredible (incredible for a 12-year-old, that is) eyeshadow. It was sky-blue, shimmery, chalky and had awful pigment. But I loved it. And I would apply it all over my eye, no blending, no shading, just one block colour over the lid. It looked great, I'll admit.

Now I've progressed a little (read: a lot). I picked up the Sleek Original Eye Palette last year, and haven't been able to put it down since. It's a great entry-level palette as it has so many different colours, so you can really hone in your skills and work out what colours work well together with your eyes.

Enough back-story - let's get into what I've done to my face. It's a spring-inspired (perhaps wistfully, if I look out of the window right now I meet a wall of grey skies) purple-lilac eye, with a nude lip.


Let's start with eyes. I set a base down with a light brown shimmer all over the lid and crease from the Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Palette to act as my transition shade. I then layered Royal, a bright purple, from the Sleek Palette over the outer two-thirds of my lid. I deepened the crease colour and outer-V with The Thames, a rich teal/turquoise shade to add depth.

I then went into the Sleek Hidden Gems Palette, and picked out Amethyst Sky. This is a glitter-packed purple, which I layered onto the lid to give (an all-important) sparkle. I brought the remainder onto my lower-lash line to make the look cohesive, and smoked it out a little with The Thames.

In my inner corner I dabbed some highlight from Sleek's Solstice Highlight Palette (which is the bae of my entire life), in shade Equinox. This is a pure knock-out - you've not experienced highlight until you've swatched this all over your face. I tapped a little onto my cupid's bow to enhance my lip shape, too.

I finished the eyes with a few coats of L'Oreal's Baby Roll Mascara, and worked some Seventeen Brow's That! Brow Powder through my brows with an angled liner brush from Laura Geller. Finally, I moved onto lips, using Barry M's Matte Me Lip in Go To - which honestly is my go-to. It is such a neutral tone and I've yet to try a makeup look that it doesn't match.


I love how this turned out - the purple shades really play up to my hazel/chameleon eyes, and bring out the green in a gorgeous way. What do you think of this look? Do you have a favourite colour of smokey-eye as your go to?
You may also like:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping some thoughts on my little corner of the internet. Please feel free to leave your links - there's nothing better than finding new blogs to love!

© flawedfairytale. Design by MangoBlogs.